Today’s Concert Choir Activity was a “bonding” activity. We are quite ahead of schedule for our December concert and I have challenged my Officers and Section Leaders to get to know all the singers in the class. Minimally, they need to know their names – we are 92 strong. They suggested we run a “get-to-know-you” activity. I do these types of activities early in the year with the Chorale girls and we did them with the A Cappella Choir at their retreat in September.
Today, I was actually going to run an activity I’ve done before where I divide the class into four choirs and where we run our rep by the number I signal to the class. (Number 1 = Choir 1 and they sing until I change numbers). This lets me break up the rehearsal routine and lets me hear the singers in smaller sections, without their Section Leader influencing them.
Today, we added that “get-to-know-you” idea where the Section Leaders and Officers created questions for which they would facilitate responses in their “choirs”.
Concert Choir Bonding Questions
- Do you speak any languages (other than English) fluently? Are there any that you would love to be able to speak?
- How many siblings do you have?
- Who has the most?
- Favorite Concert Choir song? Favorite song (ever, or right now)? Favorite artist?
- What is your favorite musical? Do you plan on doing anything in Cabaret??
- Other than choir, what are your interests and hobbies?
- What is your favorite food? What is your favorite ice-cream flavor?
- What is your middle name?
- If you don’t have one, what would you want it to be?
- What is your favorite class at school? What is your least favorite? What class do you wish we had at school?
- In how many places have you lived? Where would you like to live in the future? Dream location?
- What is your favorite TV show genre? Your favorite TV show?
- What is your favorite article of clothing?
- Do you play any sports, if so what is your favorite to play? What is your favorite sport to watch?
- What is your biggest pet peeve?
I chose two facilitators per group – they asked the questions and recorded the responses and then they presented their group to the class. What fun! What interesting things we learned about each other! We were able to get through two of the four groups today. We will finish the other two tomorrow and then the groups will have a little bit of a sing-off…pitting each choir against the other three.
Happy almost Friday!